The Global Accelerator Network exists to help seed-stage accelerators around the world maximize their potential. Are you a managing director who wants to take his accelerator to the next level? A founder who wants to get in with a great accelerator? A mentor willing to share his experience and expertise to support entrepreneurs? Or an investor interested in pre-screened, hand-selected companies that are being put through a proven model? Welcome home.
Think you belong with GAN? Connect with us.
We’ve set it, we've proven it, and we continue to nurture it
From our tried and true short-term member program, to our connections that allow founders to create long-term relationships with seasoned mentors and receive hands-on assistance in developing their businesses and finding financing—our methods are paving the way. Bonus? Investors feel good about going into business with GAN companies because they’re already vetted and adhering to startup best practices.
Five Ways to Spot a Stellar Accelerator Program
What should founders look for?
- They provide office space. Being near the same founders, mentors, and investors every day helps build a strong business ecosystem.
- They run on a short-term 3-6 month model, with 40-80 mentors and programs of no more than 10-20 companies at a time. An accelerator should be agile and able to efficiently take you from one point to the next.
- They have a strong network of local investors and mentors. Make sure mentors will be consistently hands-on, and inquire about investment history and what types of entrepreneurs have received funding from those investors.
- They take a small (usually 6-10%) amount of equity. If an accelerator takes more than 10%, question it. We're all about terms being favorable to entrepreneurs. If it's good for the entrepreneur first, it's good for everyone.
- View some of our members.
- They don't charge you. Almost all of today's accelerators give founders seed capital, which means they have strong funding behind them that supports their investments.
We got them and you need them
With our guidance, member accelerators are well-equipped to provide founders with the best resources to build their companies. Network members receive knowledge and access to our industry-defining best practices. Meanwhile, their founders have the ability to network with hundreds of other GAN-certified founders, as well as take advantage of huge perks from our sponsors like Microsoft, SoftLayer, and RackSpace.
Think our founders could learn a thing or two from you?
Mentors are the brainy backbone of the strongest accelerators in the world, and we’re nothing without the ones who devote time within GAN. Although every accelerator in The Network already has at least 40-80 seasoned mentors guiding its founders toward success, we're always looking for more. So come on—join the ranks, get an inside view of up and coming businesses, and feel the reward of sharing your knowledge and expertise!